Recipe by coconutty
I concocted this to substitute applesauce for part of the butter. I will have to make these and indicate how long to bake them for (sorry!). Or you can estimate based on a similar recipe. Prep and baking times are estimates.
- cooking spray
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 2⁄3 cup fructose
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 6 tablespoons dutch process cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup organic whole wheat pastry flour or 1⁄4 cup organic oat flour
- 1 cup broken walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray bottom and sides of 8" square pan with cooking spray.
- Adjust rack to bottom third of oven.
- Preheat to 325 F for glass pan, 350 F for metal pan.
- Pour melted butter into mixing bowl. Stir in each ingredient in the order given.
- Pour into prepared pan; tilt to spread evenly.
- Bake until toothpick in center comes out with moist and fudgy crumbs clinging to it (i.e., not "clean").
- Cool in pan on a rack at least 15 minutes.