Recipe by Bryan de chef eah!
A Caesar so simple the whole thing is prepared in a blender. Don't be fooled. I'll put this up against any traditional recipe.
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can anchovy fillets
- 3 tablespoons vinegar (tarragon, wine etc)
- 3 -6 dashes Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 glass chef's favorite wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Break and wash lettuce and allow it to soak in very cold water.
- Dice bacon and fry until crisp. Set aside on paper towel to remove oil.
- Warm coddle egg (put the egg in a dish of hot tap water--not boiling).
- Put anchovies in a bowl and cover with milk to remove saltiness.
- Clean garlic cloves and remove tough root end and any green sprouts.
- Let everything rest for at least 10 minutes and drink a glass of wine.
- In a blender add Worcestershire, garlic, anchovies, egg, vinegar, lemon, Tabasco, mustard, and pepper. Blend at high speed for at least 2 minutes until smooth.
- Lower to medium speed and drizzle oil slowly into the blender.
- Put washed and dried lettuce in a large salad bowl. Add bacon, cheese and half of the dressing to the lettuce and toss thoroughly. Either add the rest of the dressing and toss lightly or serve it on the side at the table.