Recipe by FarahC
This is my version of the classic dish.I'm Italian,so I gotta know a little bit about this,come and try it!
Top Review by ImAGourmetChef
I made Tomato and Basil Sauce - Salsa Di Pomodoro E Basilico by Linda's Busy Kitchen for the sauce. A recipe by MaryAnn Esposito, who is Italian and has great recipes. With this sauce it was excellent! My family and I really enjoyed it! This is a "Must Try" if you like Eggplant Parmesan.
- 1 large eggplant
- 3 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup water
- olive oil
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups spaghetti sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice eggplant in 1 1/4 inch slices.
- In a large bowl mix,parmesan cheese,flour and seasonings.
- In a medium size bowl beat eggs and water.
- On medium, heat large skillet with 1 inch deep of olive oil.
- Work quickly and dip 1 slice eggplant in egg mixture,then flour mixture,then repeat dips.
- Add to hot oil.Cook about 2-3 minutes on each side,or until a nice rich golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels,layer in 9x13 dish,cover with cheese at each layer,and use spaghetti sauce every other layer.
- This will resemble a nice thick lasagna when finished.
- Bake 350 degrees 25 minutes.Serve with salad and bread sticks.