Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a quick and easy recipe for carrot cake. Mix in the ingredients with a wooden spoon, or fork; there is no need to take out the electric mixer for this recipe. The result: a tasty and moist cake.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely grated carrot
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees C (175 degrees F).
- Mix the dry ingredients and spices until well blended.
- Add grated carrots. Stir until thoroughly blended.
- Add wet ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 30 to 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
I was craving for a decent moist carrot / walnut cake, had no eggs at home so gave this recipe a try. My tempremental oven baked it did not burn it, this time, and it was quite a result. I did not add more baking powder/ soda just incase it will linger inside and bad taste occurs while tasting, sacrificed my lovely Braggs organic vinigar. What a good cake it came out, okit did not rise more than half inch, but it was cooked properly and very moist fluffy inside. I attacked it after 6 minutes of cooling. Eggless cake, yes please at least it does not have damn rising problem to drive hopeless anticake bakers like me, mad. Thank you for this delicious, easy, low cost, fail proof recipe.
Easy and delicious. I used a regular 9' x 9' baking pan and greased it. I used nutmeg, no ginger, and applesauce instead of the butter / oil. I also added coconut flakes, and doubled the baking soda. Turned out not too sweet and had a spring to it. I think it would make excellent muffins. Thank you!
Super easy to make and pretty tasty. I doubled the baking soda as well, and I also substituted applesauce for half of the oil. Some kind of instructions on pan size and prep would be appreciated; I wasn't sure what to use or how much to grease it, and with the light greasing I did, the bottom stuck pretty bad.