Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a quick and easy recipe for carrot cake. Mix in the ingredients with a wooden spoon, or fork; there is no need to take out the electric mixer for this recipe. The result: a tasty and moist cake.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely grated carrot
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees C (175 degrees F).
- Mix the dry ingredients and spices until well blended.
- Add grated carrots. Stir until thoroughly blended.
- Add wet ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 30 to 45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Easy and delicious. I used a regular 9' x 9' baking pan and greased it. I used nutmeg, no ginger, and applesauce instead of the butter / oil. I also added coconut flakes, and doubled the baking soda. Turned out not too sweet and had a spring to it. I think it would make excellent muffins. Thank you!
Super easy to make and pretty tasty. I doubled the baking soda as well, and I also substituted applesauce for half of the oil. Some kind of instructions on pan size and prep would be appreciated; I wasn't sure what to use or how much to grease it, and with the light greasing I did, the bottom stuck pretty bad.
I just tried this recipe and it was awesome. I did take a previous reviewer's advice and doubled the amount of baking soda. Also, I was out of brown sugar so used regular sugar plus added some raisins and walnuts. It was fantastic. We all loved it! Will definitely make it again.