Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Smooth and Rich. Great with Roast Beef or Steak....There are never leftovers when I make these....
- 8 -10 red potatoes
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup roasted garlic cream cheese
- 1 head roasted garlic
- to Roast the garlic -- cut the top off and place in foil. Coat with good olive oil and salt and pepper. Roast at 375 for about an hour. Garlic should be golden brown and smell slightly sweet. Sit aside untill the potatoes are done.
- peel and cube the red potatoes.
- put in a pot with cool water to cover, add a generous pinch of kosher salt. bring to a boil and cook untill soft. you can test with a fork for tenderness.
- drain off water and return to the pot. Put back on burner over minimum heat add the butter, cream and mash. Add cream cheese, rasted garlic with more salt and pepper. Mash untill desired consistancy. Taste and adjust salt and pepper as desired.
Just in case you stumbled in here without knowing, fresh roasted garlic has a sublime flavor without the harshness of raw or bottled; so don't skip this step, start from scratch and roast two or three extras for further experimentation. The recipe said to "peel and cube" the potatoes, but we don't peel red potatoes here; it takes the fun out of using red potatoes. The final result -- at the risk of quoting GoBugsy below: "Wonderful."