Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
My version of theis lovely traditional dish is sweet, heartwarming and filling. The parsnip makes this lovely and sweet with the gutsy flavour of the Lamb Shank.
- 1 lamb shank, cut into chunks keeping the bone as well (the bone will give guts and flavour to the stew while cooking)
- 1 large potato, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 parsnip, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon parsley sprig, sliced into 1 inch length
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon plain flour seasoned with salt and pepper
- 500 ml good beef stock
- 1 bay leaf
- First mix the Lamb with the seasoned flour and fry in a little oil until well browned.
- Then add the veggies (apart from the finely chopped parsley)and stir until well mixed with the lamb, add the stock and baylef and bring to the boil.
- Turn the heat down very low, cover with a lid and simmer quietly for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add some of the chopped parsley just before serving.
- Serve sprinkling some more of the chopped parsley on top.
Easy peasy and delish. Warms your cockles on a cold wet night. Great recipe and thanks for posting.