Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
This is a quick, easy, delicious, and healthy recipe that I use whenever time is short. I often make it for more than just breakfast! It's pretty basic, so feel free to spice it up a bit - add some spinach, a little Parmesan cheese, whatever you want! :-)
- 2 slices light whole wheat bread
- 4 egg whites
- 4 slices roma tomatoes
- 1 -2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Put bread in the toaster.
- Cook the eggs whites via skillet or covered in the microwave for about 2-2:30 minutes.
- Once the toast is done, sprinkle the balsamic vinegar on one slice.
- Top that slice with the tomato slices, cooked egg whites, and the final slice of bread.
Tasty, healthy egg sandwich! Loved the addition of the balsamic vinegar, it gave the egg whites (which can be somewhat bland) a nice little perk-up. Served this on 9-grain bread and really enjoyed - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef 2011