Recipe by HealthyDoll7
This is a quick, easy, delicious, and healthy recipe that I use whenever time is short. I often make it for more than just breakfast! It's pretty basic, so feel free to spice it up a bit - add some spinach, a little Parmesan cheese, whatever you want! :-)
Top Review by loof
Tasty, healthy egg sandwich! Loved the addition of the balsamic vinegar, it gave the egg whites (which can be somewhat bland) a nice little perk-up. Served this on 9-grain bread and really enjoyed - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef 2011
- 2 slices light whole wheat bread
- 4 egg whites
- 4 slices roma tomatoes
- 1 -2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Put bread in the toaster.
- Cook the eggs whites via skillet or covered in the microwave for about 2-2:30 minutes.
- Once the toast is done, sprinkle the balsamic vinegar on one slice.
- Top that slice with the tomato slices, cooked egg whites, and the final slice of bread.