Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
I threw this recipe together when we lived in a colder climate. It is VERY easy on a night you really don't have time to mess with details. Great on a cold fall or winter evening.
- 2 ready-made pie crusts
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 10 1⁄2 ounces soup can water
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (16 ounce) can new potatoes, drained and diced (use as much as you desire)
- salt and pepper
- 2 -3 pieces cooked chicken, diced
- In skillet reheat chicken pieces with soup and water.
- Once smooth, add in veggies that have been heated in microwave for 3 minutes (or so), add potatoes and salt and pepper. Simmer on low, stirring frequently, and covered, for 1 to 2 hours (if want chicken to absorb sauce and flavors).
- After simmering, put in the prepared pie crust, top with the other crust and bake at 425 for 10 minutes and then 350 until crust is golden brown.
- Use any remaining soup mixture for gravy, if needed.
Wonderful! I added an extra can of soup to this. I made this late last night so we could have it for lunch today, had to sample it when it came out of the oven - I will just say my son and I enjoyed this as a snack last night. I ended up making my own crust. We loved this. Made for the Potluck tag game.
This was good! Though I must say that I did not simmer for as long as stated -- I just warmed it all up, threw it together and baked it. Used leftover rotisserie chicken and some frozen veggies. Left out the potatoes because I didn't have any (but would have been good). The only thing I would change would be to not add quite so much water -- ended up just a little wet... Will make again!
Good and easy to make. I followed the recipe except I used canned veggies instead of frozen as I am not a huge fan of frozen veggies. We thought it could have used a bit more spices. I used chicken that I had in my freezer so this made for a quick dinner to put together. Made for Fall PAC 2008.