Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the best chicken I have ever had done on the grill. It is to die for chicken. So moist and tender and the flavor...oh my... Someone on Zaar asked for my recipe a while ago. But I am just getting to input my recipes now, was way too busy. So every day I am starting to add a few. But if you want a delicious grilled drunken chicken this is the recipe to use. This chicken MUST BE marinated overnight in its spices. This makes a world of difference trust me.
- 2 whole chickens (3-4 lbs each)
- 2 (680.38 g) can beer (your brand choice)
- 56.69 g Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 29.58 ml dried rosemary (chopped)
- 29.58 ml dried thyme (chopped)
- 29.58 ml garlic (minced)
- 14.79 ml paprika
- 14.79 ml salt
- 14.79 ml cracked black pepper
- jack daniels barbecue sauce
- 4 aluminum foil, pie plates
- Wash your chickens inside and out with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.( I prefer Perdue chickens ).
- Mix together the herbs, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper. Rub the chicken inside and out with this mixture. Cover and refridgerate overnight minimum This is a definate must --
- GRILLING TIME:.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Open cans of beer and take a sip or two but no more. Add one oz of Jack Daniels whiskey to each beer can ( you can take a sip of this too while your at it, but no more or chickens may not get cooked.
- Put 2 foil pie plates together to make it a bit more sturdier. Place one beer can on the pie plate and place one chicken over the beer can so that the beer can is in the butt of the bird and the bird is standing up right. Tuck the wing tips under to keep them from burning or cover wings with aluminum foil. Repeat for the other chicken.
- Carefully place the 2 chickens into the grill. Close the lid and grill for 60 to 70 minutes. Don't open too often you don't want to lose that nice heat. Baste with Jack Daniels BBQ Sauce 2 or 3 times during the last 20 minutes of grilling. You may have to loosely cover with aluminum foil if skin is getting too burned towards the end. I personally love the skin of this chicken when it is crispy but not burnt. Such flavor hiding in there. Chicken is cooked when it has reached an internal temp of 180°F.
- Turn off the grill and remove the chickens. Very carefully now remove the chickens off the beer cans.Be very careful as there is probably still hot liquid inside the cans. We usually do it with 2 people, one holds down the can with mitts on of course and the other gently lifts off the chicken. Now carve and enjoy. Depends what you are serving with the chickens, serving portions can vary.