1 hr 25 mins
This is the best chicken I have ever had done on the grill. It is to die for chicken. So moist and tender and the flavor...oh my... Someone on Zaar asked for my recipe a while ago. But I am just getting to input my recipes now, was way too busy. So every day I am starting to add a few. But if you want a delicious grilled drunken chicken this is the recipe to use. This chicken MUST BE marinated overnight in its spices. This makes a world of difference trust me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 whole chickens (3-4 lbs each)
- 2 (12 ounce) cans beer (your brand choice)
- 2 ounces Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- jack daniels barbecue sauce
- 4 aluminum foil, pie plates
- 1Wash your chickens inside and out with cold water and pat dry with paper towels.( I prefer Perdue chickens ).
- 2Mix together the herbs, garlic, paprika, salt and pepper. Rub the chicken inside and out with this mixture. Cover and refridgerate overnight minimum This is a definate must --
- 3GRILLING TIME:.
- 4Preheat grill to medium heat.
- 5Open cans of beer and take a sip or two but no more. Add one oz of Jack Daniels whiskey to each beer can ( you can take a sip of this too while your at it, but no more or chickens may not get cooked.
- 6Put 2 foil pie plates together to make it a bit more sturdier. Place one beer can on the pie plate and place one chicken over the beer can so that the beer can is in the butt of the bird and the bird is standing up right. Tuck the wing tips under to keep them from burning or cover wings with aluminum foil. Repeat for the other chicken.
- 7Carefully place the 2 chickens into the grill. Close the lid and grill for 60 to 70 minutes. Don't open too often you don't want to lose that nice heat. Baste with Jack Daniels BBQ Sauce 2 or 3 times during the last 20 minutes of grilling. You may have to loosely cover with aluminum foil if skin is getting too burned towards the end. I personally love the skin of this chicken when it is crispy but not burnt. Such flavor hiding in there. Chicken is cooked when it has reached an internal temp of 180°F.
- 8Turn off the grill and remove the chickens. Very carefully now remove the chickens off the beer cans.Be very careful as there is probably still hot liquid inside the cans. We usually do it with 2 people, one holds down the can with mitts on of course and the other gently lifts off the chicken. Now carve and enjoy. Depends what you are serving with the chickens, serving portions can vary.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Drunken Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 790.5
- Calories from Fat 479
- Total Fat 53.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 243.8 mg
- Sodium 1104.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 58.1 g