Recipe by Angel-mae & cleopatra's mummy
So this Christmas I had to do the entire menu wheat and gluten free. I spent ages searching through recipes, but most everything I came across looked bland so I decided to make/tweak my own recipes. I hope these are helpful to some of you out there. **extra cocoa, coconut, nuts or choc sprinkles are needed to roll these in**** Enjoy
- 350 g condensed milk (skim works fine)
- 175 (200 g) packetsof orgran outback animals biscuits (or any other sweet gluten free biscuit)
- 1⁄2 cup almonds (crushed or ground)
- 1⁄3 cup sultana
- 1⁄4 cup rum (or to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1⁄3 cup coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sultanas and rum in a bowl to the side.
- Crush biscuits either in food processor or in two zip lock bags with a rolling pin--not to fine.
- Add condensed milk, almonds, cocoa, coconut and sultans mix.
- If mix is sloppy or too gooey, add some more cocoa and coconut.
- Mix should be sticky but manageable.
- Roll into desired size balls and roll in chosen topping.
- Set in fridge for at least an hour.
- Place in airtight container.