Recipe by pistonsfan75
My family loves it when I make this recipe. I don't usually measure the seasonings, but I will try to estimate. We bought a whole cow last fall and had over 100 lbs of ground beef to use up, so I tried to get creative in how it got cooked. I use rice squares or rice crispies crushed up, as a binder, because 2 of my kids eat gluten-free diets.
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 2 cups crushed crispy rice cereal
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 small onions, minced (optional)
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons black pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 dash ground cinnamon
- 1 (18 ounce) bottlesweet baby ray's barbecue sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In 9x13 cake pan, use your hands to mix all ingredients together until blended. Mixing right in the pan saves time.
- Shape into a loaf, leaving a little space between the edge of the loaf and the pan.
- Top generously with the barbecue sauce.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 1 hour, then at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
- Slice up and serve!