Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great tasting Dill Dip that I have used for years. I usually double this recipe and keep it on hand. Cook Time is Chill Time
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Hellmanns Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 tablespoons minced onion flakes
- 2 -3 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- Mix ingredients together, until well blended.
- Chill several hours or overnight.
- Serve with chips or raw vegetables.
- NOTE: I am a mixer and taster cook – I mix and taste – sometimes I add more seasonings to fit my taste.
- The longer it sits- the better it gets!
Fantastic dip recipe and you can throw it together with your eyes closed the night before you need it. And if anyone asks for the recipe, it's easy to remember the 3 T's (the quantities) of the main flavouring agents. I really feel that using Hellman's is essential, as is using a non-generic sour cream for a richer tasting and thicker textured dip. I always use fresh parsley, and did take the liberty of adding just a 1/4 tsp garlic powder because I am fond of garlic and the subtle extra flavour was an enhancement everyone enjoyed at my place. Thank you for the wonderful recipe that I have enjoyed as a go to for years. I really should have reviewed this a LONG time ago.
After reading a few of the reviews I cut back on the seasoning salt and added a little extra dill, and the dip turned out amazing! It was gone before I had a chance to get a second helping at Thanksgiving! Thanks for sharing.
I have been making this dip for months and just remembered that I forgot to rate it. We love it! I use half the amount of seasoning salt and I use grated fresh onion in place of the onion flakes. It tastes better the longer it sits. Yummy!