Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Although I follow a low carb diet, this soup gives me a little variety without all the guilt.How can you go wrong with veggies? This is my take on a classic.
- 1 head cabbage, diced
- 2 large onions, diced
- 4 large carrots, diced
- 4 celery ribs, diced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 liter vegetable cocktail
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 10 ounces frozen spinach
- 4 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons chicken soup base
- Chop all veggies and throw into large stock pot. Simmer on low until all veggies are tender, adding water.
- I usually add more soup base because I don't add salt and I love the flavor. Makes tons of soup.