Recipe by bluetangerine
This is an extremely filling dish that includes the amazing grain quinoa!
Top Review by FireRaven
I liked the texture of this recipe -- the tender squash melded with the cheese to make a firm casserole after baking. I added grilled chicken breasts which I had shredded, as I was trying to up the protein content. I enjoyed the combination of the spinach and squash with the quinoa. I did however feel that this was over seasoned for my taste -- particularly the salt and the sage. I think I would cut those down to a half a teaspoon next time. I'll still keep this recipe, as it's a nice "all in one meal" that isn't difficult to make at all. Thank you for sharing it!
- 12 ounces quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 1⁄2 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 2 cups Baby Spinach, chopped
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Add stock, quinoa, squash and seasonings to a medium saucepan.
- Bring ingredients to boil.
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fold in 6 oz of cheese and spinach, transfer to an oven-safe casserole dish.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.