1/2 Photos of My Definition of ' Easy' Apple Cobbler
1 hr 10 mins
This recipe spawned from a can of apple pie filling, a long week, no milk and a craving. I looked high and low on the site for a recipe that truly looked easy as I was dog tired and nothing that I found had the ingredients I wanted or liked, and I wanted a completely covered pie like top without all the work of making a pie crust. This is the result, enjoy! I would think you can substitute other pie fillings, but the extra stuff in the filling mix may need to be adjusted/omitted. This recipe works best if put in an 8" round glass dish produces a thin cobbler and enough topping to coat it completely without a lot of fuss trying to make it stretch. For anything larger I would at least double or if you like more filling, just double those ingredients. Goes great with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream on top!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Mix filling ingredients in a round 8" glass oven proof dish. Spread as evenly as you can.
- 3Cream softened butter and brown sugar until smooth, add cinnamon.
- 4Blend in flour in batches until soft dough forms.
- 5I grabbed small balls, and pressed them between my palms to form an oval like patty.
- 6Slowly cover the entire top of the cobbler starting at the edges and moving around. Definitely not a science here that's just what worked for me.
- 7After the whole top is covered, fill in thinner spots left from overlapping pieces and gently press into a uniform topping.
- 8Use a butter knife to put small but sorta wide (so they don't close when it bakes) holes to help vent steam.
- 9Bake for 1 hour at 350°F, checking halfway through that your vents didn't close up.
- 10Almost all of the topping should have a light golden brown appearance, and the edges should not give when pressed lightly.
- 11For ease in serving, cool slightly and cut slices before spooning into bowls.
- 12Top with your favorite ice cream and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Definition of ' Easy' Apple Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.8
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 160.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 39.9 g
- Protein 2.4 g