Recipe by ATM 67
When my dad threw this dish together, he was living from paycheck to paycheck, and we were a day or two away from the next paycheck. He looked at what he had on hand, and this is the result. *The better you drain your sausage, the drier the dish will be. I prepare it very dry.
Top Review by RecipeNut
This recipe is delicious and easy to make! I did not use the salt because the sausage was salty enough. I also used red pepper flakes. I used a combo of Romano and Parmesan cheese. Thanks for quick delicious recipe, ATM67
- 1 lb chub of country breakfast sausage (hot or mild, depending on your taste)
- 12 ounces uncooked wide egg noodles, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 medium onion, medium dice
- 1 -3 teaspoon minced garlic (depending on your taste)
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown sausage in a skillet, just like you would ground beef. Add onion and garlic to sausage as it cooks. When cooked, drain off fat. Set aside.
- At the same time, cook egg noodles according to package instructions.
- After draining noodles, return them to the pot and add the sausage, onion, garlic combination. Stir and mix well.
- Serve, topping with parmesan cheese and seasoning with salt and pepper to taste (I like red pepper flakes).