Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a good recipe for those nippy fall days - it will certainly warm you up. "Comfort food" at it's best!
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 -6 carrots, peeled & chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 6 cups water
- 7 chicken flavored bullion cubes
- 2 -3 cans chicken broth (I use 99% fat free)
- parsley flakes
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 package frozen noodles (I like Reames brand--fat free)
- Put water, bouillion cubes& chicken broth in large pot (5 quart Dutch oven or stock pot).
- Place on medium heat& bring to a boil.
- While broth mixture is heating up, chop celery, carrots& onion- add to broth.
- Add garlic, parsley flakes, salt& pepper (taste first before adding the extra salt- bouillion cubes can be very salty!) Bring broth back to a boil& let vegetables cook in the broth for approximately 10 minutes.
- Clean chicken breasts& remove any membranes, fat&/or tendons.
- Cut into 1/2-1 inch pieces.
- Add chicken pieces to broth/vegetable mixture& bring back to a boil.
- When chicken is cooked, add frozen noodles to pot; cover& simmer until noodles are tender& broth is thickened.
- Serve with biscuits- YUMMY!
very good and simple to make. It was a little salty.
Loved the recipe. I bet it would be good with beef tips also!
Very tasty -- it was a hit with young and old alike. Its also easy to prepare.