Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I don't know where my dad got this recipe but I haven't seen another recipe exactly like it on the 'zaar so I thought I'd post it. It calls for a whole chicken quartered but I just use what I have on hand, usually bone in thighs and/or breasts. Best with a chilled white wine and super with rice and broccoli on the side.
- Heat butter in large frying pan.
- Add chicken and cook until well browned on both sides.
- Add wine, tarragon, thyme, bay leaf, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Remove meat to a heated dish and keep warm.
- Discard bay leaf.
- Blend sauce with egg yolks.
- Add sour cream, mustard, and cayenne pepper.
- Heat stirring constantly, do not allow to boil.
- Pour over chicken.