Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I lost my dad 18 years ago but this recipe lives on through my families love for it.
- chicken parts, rinsed, skin on, bone in
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of chicken soup
- 19 3⁄4 ounces cream of celery soup
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 1⁄4 cups Minute Rice
- melt butter in large sauce pan, add soups and mushrooms. Remove 1 cup of this mixture.
- Add minute rice to sauce pan and pour this into 9x13 inch casserole. Place chicken pieces on top of rice mixture. Distribute the reserved sauce mixture on top of chicken.
- Bake at 275 for 3 hours. You may have to plot off excess fat from chicken skin.
- Because it cooks so long you should leave skin on for cooking and remove after cooking.
- This helps to retain moisture.