Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I lost my dad 18 years ago but this recipe lives on through my families love for it.
Make and share this My Dad's Chicken and Rice recipe from Food.com.
- melt butter in large sauce pan, add soups and mushrooms. Remove 1 cup of this mixture.
- Add minute rice to sauce pan and pour this into 9x13 inch casserole. Place chicken pieces on top of rice mixture. Distribute the reserved sauce mixture on top of chicken.
- Bake at 275 for 3 hours. You may have to plot off excess fat from chicken skin.
- Because it cooks so long you should leave skin on for cooking and remove after cooking.
- This helps to retain moisture.