3 hrs 30 mins
Lura B's Note:
I lost my dad 18 years ago but this recipe lives on through my families love for it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1melt butter in large sauce pan, add soups and mushrooms. Remove 1 cup of this mixture.
- 2Add minute rice to sauce pan and pour this into 9x13 inch casserole. Place chicken pieces on top of rice mixture. Distribute the reserved sauce mixture on top of chicken.
- 3Bake at 275 for 3 hours. You may have to plot off excess fat from chicken skin.
- 4Because it cooks so long you should leave skin on for cooking and remove after cooking.
- 5This helps to retain moisture.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Dad's Chicken and Rice
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 370.6
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.6 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 55.0 mg
- Sodium 1479.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 5.5 g