Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
This is one of my dad's specialties, and I've always loved it. As with beef burgandy, a covered wok works very well for this. I know stroganoff is usually served over egg noodles, but I'm from Minnesota, and we always had it over wild rice. I included instructions on how to cook wild rice to mellow out the flavor; boiling and rinsing before cooking makes it taste much better.
- Dredge sirloin cubes in flour and salt.
- Brown in butter.
- Add mushrooms, onion, garlic, flour, and ketchup.
- When bubbling, add beef broth.
- Simmer covered for 1 hour.
- Add sour cream before serving.
- Place rice in pot and cover with 1 inch of water.
- Bring to a boil.
- When boiling, remove from heat and pour off water.
- Rinse rice with cold water until water runs clear.
- Cover rice with clean water and simmer 20-30 minutes or until rice is puffy and splitting.
- Serve stroganoff over rice.