Recipe by ChrisMc
This is one of my dad's specialties, and I've always loved it. As with beef burgandy, a covered wok works very well for this. I know stroganoff is usually served over egg noodles, but I'm from Minnesota, and we always had it over wild rice. I included instructions on how to cook wild rice to mellow out the flavor; boiling and rinsing before cooking makes it taste much better.
Top Review by TGIF Girl Friday
The only change I made was to use egg noodles instead of rice. I have to say that my entire family really enjoyed this recipe. I think this just might be one new recipe added into my rotation. Thank you so very much for sharing this wonderful comfort food recipe and please tell your Dad that he is welcome to cook over my stove any darn time ;)
- 2 lbs sirloin steaks, cubed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 cans beef broth
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups uncooked wild rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Dredge sirloin cubes in flour and salt.
- Brown in butter.
- Add mushrooms, onion, garlic, flour, and ketchup.
- When bubbling, add beef broth.
- Simmer covered for 1 hour.
- Add sour cream before serving.
- Place rice in pot and cover with 1 inch of water.
- Bring to a boil.
- When boiling, remove from heat and pour off water.
- Rinse rice with cold water until water runs clear.
- Cover rice with clean water and simmer 20-30 minutes or until rice is puffy and splitting.
- Serve stroganoff over rice.