1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This is one of my dad's specialties, and I've always loved it. As with beef burgandy, a covered wok works very well for this. I know stroganoff is usually served over egg noodles, but I'm from Minnesota, and we always had it over wild rice. I included instructions on how to cook wild rice to mellow out the flavor; boiling and rinsing before cooking makes it taste much better.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dredge sirloin cubes in flour and salt.
- 2Brown in butter.
- 3Add mushrooms, onion, garlic, flour, and ketchup.
- 4When bubbling, add beef broth.
- 5Simmer covered for 1 hour.
- 6Add sour cream before serving.
- 7Place rice in pot and cover with 1 inch of water.
- 8Bring to a boil.
- 9When boiling, remove from heat and pour off water.
- 10Rinse rice with cold water until water runs clear.
- 11Cover rice with clean water and simmer 20-30 minutes or until rice is puffy and splitting.
- 12Serve stroganoff over rice.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Dad's Beef Stroganoff
Serving Size: 1 (512 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1591.8
- Calories from Fat 914
- Total Fat 101.6 g
- Saturated Fat 49.9 g
- Cholesterol 335.2 mg
- Sodium 2201.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 86.5 g