Recipe by sweetina
This is a great sauce to use in a variety of ways. I like to make it and put it in burritoes and tacos, its even great on top of some home made chili rellenos! VERY tastey!
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 large onion
- 4 jalapenos
- 1 (16 ounce) box chicken broth
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice the bell pepper, onions, and jalapenos.
- Combine all the peppers and onions in a medium saucepan and use a little olive oil to caramelize them.
- After caramelizing the onions and peppers pour in the chicken broth and tomato sauce. Do not start with the entire container of chicken broth, add in about a quarter of it, and add more as you go.
- Bring to boil, then turn down heat, cover and simmer. As you let it simmer you will need to stir occasionally and add more chicken broth as you go.
- The longer you let it simmer the better the taste, I normally let it go for about an hour and a half to two hours.