Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is a spaghetti sauce recipe that I've developed over time. You may alter the ground meat as you please; sometimes I use all ground beef when I find a good sale but half beef/half pork is pretty tasty. My crock pot is my best friend at times when I'm having busy days at work but still want a decent meal on the table for my family. I serve spaghetti with crusty bread and a romaine salad. Cook time is the crock pot cooking time. This recipe is for a 4 quart crock pot, halve it if your pot is smaller.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, with juice
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 garlic cloves, pressed
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Brown meats and onion in a skillet and drain well.
- Transfer to your crock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Serve over hot spaghetti noodles.
Hey Jude, this recipe is FANTASTIC,thank you so much, it is greatly appreciated. I did add fresh sliced mushrooms about half way through the cook time,otherwise followed the directions. Everything blends for a perfect flavored sauce. I plan to keep this on hand in the freezer.
The family loved this sauce, which is saying a lot for my family (very picky eaters). I substituted the pork and used all ground beef and I used crushed tomatoes, rather than diced. The consistency was perfect, the flavor was great, and it made a large amount; perfect for leftovers. Thank you for sharing; this is a new staple in our dinner rotation.
This recipe is definitely a keeper! One of the best sauces I've tasted in a long time. I used ground beef only and used crushed tomates instead of diced. So glad to have this recipe in my collection now. Thanks Jude