Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
These are just like my mom used to make. They smell really good while they cook. Goes great with chicken and mashed potatoes.
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans green beans, drained
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth, seasoned with roasted garlic
- 1 onion, cleaned and cut into 6 wedges
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cut into small pieces and semi fried
- bacon drippings
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Add everything into crock pot and mix.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 5 hours.
These were so wonderful! They smelled so good while cooking that my family couldn't wait until they were done. I used plain broth because I couldn't find garlic flavored; and just added some minced garlic to it. I've tried this with both already cooked bacon and with raw bacon I had to cook and while I think the raw bacon you cook adds a little more flavor you could do it either way and still get fantastic results. My husband also took this to work for a potluck and everyone loved it there also. Thanks for sharing. We will be making these often.
These were so good. Made as posted except used fresh green beans. I will be making these again.
So easy to make and yummy! Doubled the recipe as I made this for a party at work. I followed the recipe as written other then I couldn't find chicken broth flavored with garlic so I just added garlic. Everyone enjoyed these. Made as a pressie for Aus/NZ swap.