Recipe by Jackie #6
This is my remake of a standard chili recipe.
Top Review by bmcnichol
My family really enjoyed this. I followed the recipe other then I used minced onions and just dumped some in (didn't measure) and used garlic powder instead of garlic salt. I couldn't find the tomato sauce with celery, so I dumped in some celery seed. I also cooked mine on the stove top for about an hour instead of in the crockpot. This has a nice bite to it but isn't overly spicey (which is what we like). Made for ZWT5.
- 2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1 -2 onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce, with celery & peppers (if you can find it)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt