Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is my remake of a standard chili recipe.
Make and share this My Crock Pot Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1 -2 onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce, with celery & peppers (if you can find it)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Cook ground beef; drain grease. Combine all ingredients in a crockpot & cook 4 to 5 hours on LOW until done.
- Note: If you can't find tomato sauce with celery & peppers, add some celery salt or seed.
My family really enjoyed this. I followed the recipe other then I used minced onions and just dumped some in (didn't measure) and used garlic powder instead of garlic salt. I couldn't find the tomato sauce with celery, so I dumped in some celery seed. I also cooked mine on the stove top for about an hour instead of in the crockpot. This has a nice bite to it but isn't overly spicey (which is what we like). Made for ZWT5.
Jackie: This is a good basic recipe for chili, however for our taste, I made a few additions (guess we've spent too much time in Mexico). I added a diced fresh poblano pepper, crushed Garlic, Chipotle with adobo sauce, Cocoa, cilantro, Ancho Chili Powder and Cumin. Did not have crushed tomatoes so used two 15 oz cans of diced tomatoes. Made for ZWT5 Family Picks. PS: Also thinned with a little dark beer! Also forgot to mention I topped it off with a blend of Mexican Cheese!
Add Cumin and it's delicious....