Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I know it looks like a lot of ingredients, and makes it look like it may be a pain in the rear-end to make, BUT it really is QUITE EASY TO MAKE--AND IT IS A DISH THE WHOLE FAMILY WILL ENJOY FROM THE YOUNGEST TO THE OLDEST. I've even have served it to people that don't even like Mexican or Tex-Mex food but still enjoyed this dish. Goes great to be served with Mexican rice (quick Mexican rice 2 cups minute rice, 2 cups boiling water, 1/4 cup frozen corn, 1/4 cup diced carrot, 1/8 cup diced onion, 1/4 cup salsa, 1 tsp. garlic, 1 tbsp. butter, 1 tsp. salt; once water is boiling mix in everything together turn off heat cover and let sit for 5 minutes and your done)and refried beans on the side. NOTE: I have a couple of friends that are VEGITARIAN and love this recipe the only thing they change is that they omit the chicken and use either 1 cube of imitation chicken bouillon or use 1 cube of vegetable bouillon.
- 1 tablespoon green bell pepper, minced
- 1⁄8 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, finely diced chunks
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced (about 1 clove)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup carrot, shredded (about 1 large carrot)
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups chicken breasts, cooked & shredded (grilled, boiled, rotisserie, your choice)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed mushroom soup
- 2 green onions, sliced (divided in half)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon season salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 (8 ounce) package colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded (set aside 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (set aside half)
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 1⁄4 cup guacamole
- In a large sauce pan (note the size of the top of the pan make sure it is larger then your corn tortillas; this will be helpful latter on.) add green bell pepper, red onion mushrooms, garlic and 1 1/2 teaspoons butter; Sauté for 2 to 4 minutes until onions are translucent on medium-low.
- Add shredded carrot to sautéed onion mix sauté for 2 minutes; stirring constantly.
- Add milk chicken breast, condensed mushroom soup, 1/2 of the green onions, season salt, white pepper, garlic powder, onion accent and chicken bouillon; mix well; let simmer on low for 20 minutes (it gives the sauce time to mix the flavors well).
- Add 1/4 cup of the sour cream; mix well and remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 350éF.
- Now is the time to make a little assembly line (trust me it makes it quicken when you do this)
- ASSEMBLY LINE:.
- Tortillas->Sauce->Cake Pan->Cheese.
- Once you have set this up this is how you do it:.
- Take 1 tortilla; dip into sauce flip onto other side of let each side sit for 5 seconds.
- Lay tortilla onto cake pan; sprinkle cheese; take a fork and fork out to fork fulls of chicken and vegetables out of sauce kind of drip off the sauce.
- Roll and make sure that the side where to tortilla closes is on the bottom.
- REPEAT: 7 more times.
- Once all the enchiladas are made and in the cake pan in a row. Pour remaining contents of the sauce pan onto of enchiladas. Next sprinkle the 1/2 cup cheese that was set aside on top of that.
- BAKE for 15 minutes (until edges of tortillas get crispy and golden brown).
- Sprinkle on top lettuce, then tomato, add dollops of the 1/4 cup remaining sour cream and guacamole on top of that.
- SERVE & ENJOY! -- .