Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love good cream potatoes. I learned how to make this from my Great Aunt Minnie. She always had a bowl on the table at meals. **NOTE** When I don't have fat back meat, I use a chicken bouillon cube in the water while boiling taters. You can use regular potatoes to replace red potatoes.
- 6 -8 red potatoes (vary in size)
- 6 cups water
- 2 inches fat, back
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Wash and peel potatoes.
- Before adding potatoes to the pot, fry a 2-inch slice of fat back in the pot til browned.
- Leave grease in pot and remove strip and discard (or put 1 cube chicken bouillon in the water while cooking).
- Add potatoes and water to grease in the pot and bring to a boil.
- Cook 20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potatoes.
- Put potatoes in a mixer bowl and add milk, whipping cream, salt, pepper and butter and cream to texture you prefer (use more or less milk if needed).
Very tasty! Thanks for posting!
So good and creamy!!! I love mashed potatoes and yours are PERFECT! I used regular potatoes and chicken boullion cube in the water while boiling them. Easy to make and delicious. I served them with your cube steak and gravy recipe#113861 for most mouthwatering meal. Thank you Marsha for this great recipe!
These potatoes tasted great even the leftovers tasted good reheated. They were so rich and creamy, I couldn't ifnd fat back so I used fatty bacon instead. Thanks Marsha D. for a great potato recipe. Bullwinkle.