1/3 Photos of My Cream Potatoes
Marsha D.'s Note:
I love good cream potatoes. I learned how to make this from my Great Aunt Minnie. She always had a bowl on the table at meals. **NOTE** When I don't have fat back meat, I use a chicken bouillon cube in the water while boiling taters. You can use regular potatoes to replace red potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and peel potatoes.
- 2Before adding potatoes to the pot, fry a 2-inch slice of fat back in the pot til browned.
- 3Leave grease in pot and remove strip and discard (or put 1 cube chicken bouillon in the water while cooking).
- 4Add potatoes and water to grease in the pot and bring to a boil.
- 5Cook 20 minutes or until tender.
- 6Drain potatoes.
- 7Put potatoes in a mixer bowl and add milk, whipping cream, salt, pepper and butter and cream to texture you prefer (use more or less milk if needed).
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Cream Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (515 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.6
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 67.3 mg
- Sodium 457.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 5.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: