Recipe by Marsha D.
I love good cream potatoes. I learned how to make this from my Great Aunt Minnie. She always had a bowl on the table at meals. **NOTE** When I don't have fat back meat, I use a chicken bouillon cube in the water while boiling taters. You can use regular potatoes to replace red potatoes.
- 6 -8 red potatoes (vary in size)
- 6 cups water
- 2 inches fat, back
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and peel potatoes.
- Before adding potatoes to the pot, fry a 2-inch slice of fat back in the pot til browned.
- Leave grease in pot and remove strip and discard (or put 1 cube chicken bouillon in the water while cooking).
- Add potatoes and water to grease in the pot and bring to a boil.
- Cook 20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potatoes.
- Put potatoes in a mixer bowl and add milk, whipping cream, salt, pepper and butter and cream to texture you prefer (use more or less milk if needed).