Recipe by AcadiaTwo
This savory gift of love from my kitchen to yours is perfect as a meal or side dish. Featuring star ingredients from the CRAZE-E Contest cupboard such as zucchini, nutmeg, cumin, chili powder and whole kernel corn giving this quiche great flavor that is sure to please.
Top Review by Rita~
I cut the recipe in half, used 2 whole eggs, 1 cup fat free half and half. Trader Joes has Roasted corn kernels so I had to use them. Sauteed in garlic olive oil instead of butter. Skipped the salt and didn`t miss it! This is a sweet custard quiche. I would have liked to see maybe 1-2 more eggs. I did double the cheese. I must say I made half it was enough for 8 servings. Thanks for the good eats.
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion (sweet)
- 1⁄2 cup corn (whole kernel)
- 1 cup zucchini
- 1 cup yellow squash
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cream (light)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper (black)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- 4 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese (shredded)
- 1 pie crust (9-inch frozen deep dish)
- 1 -2 tablespoon chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice up zucchini, yellow squash and onion.
- In a skillet on medium heat, add 1-2 tablespoons butter and saute onion, stirring frequently until tender about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the corn, zucchini, yellow squash pieces to the skillet with the onion and saute for an additional 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, cream, salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder and nutmeg together.
- Add cheese, zucchini, onion, squash and mix together with bowl ingredients.
- Pour complete mixture into crust and then cover crust edge loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until it is no longer jiggly in the center.
- Cool on rack for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with chives and enjoy.