Recipe by Katha
First seen this in a magazine but lost it. Checked your site & others couldn't find the ingredients I remembered. This is what I came up with in the end. Serve sauce over rice or noodles mmmm.
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 skinless chicken pieces, small breast,legs,thighs. (about 1 1/2- 2lb)
- 2 tablespoons margarine (more if needed)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cranberries or 1 1⁄2 cups frozen cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- On a flat plate combine flour& pepper.
- Dredge chicken in flour mixture.
- In a skillet melt margerine over medium heat.
- Brown chicken on all sides.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- In the same skillet combine water,cranberries, brown sugar& balsamic vinegar.
- Cook& stir until the berries burst, about 5 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan.
- Cover& simmer about 45 minutes or until chicken is done& tender,basting with sauce& turning occasionally.
- Serve with rice or noodles if desired.
- Serves 6.