Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I looked up many quiche recipes but they all tend to be rather high in calories and fat. So here is my alternative. Healthy, all fresh ingredients, very filling. Note: I have only tried this in a toaster oven so you may have to adjust the times. Serving Suggestion: serve with a salad.
- 16 ounces imitation crabmeat (1 package)
- 1⁄4 medium onion, diced
- 1⁄4 green bell pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups liquid egg substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Spray a round glass casserole dish with pam.
- Combine all ingredients except for 1/4c cheddar cheese and a handful of the mushrooms.
- Smooth out the top and lay the mushrooms in a layer on the surface.
- Cover with foil, stick with a fork to vent the foil, and place in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Take out, remove foil, and spread the remaining cheese on top of the mushrooms. Place in oven for 20-30 more minutes or until cheese melts and knife comes out clean.