Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This my fav. hearty little breakfast, when I feel like treating myself or others. It's pretty basic and you can play around with the ingredients and amounts easily, which to me keeps this recipe fresh and interesting. To me it's more a "guide" than a set in stone recipe
- 2 rib eye steaks, trimmed, 1/4-1/2 inch thick
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups chili (homemade or canned, it's your choice)
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded jalapeno jack cheese (or whatever cheese you like)
- fresh ground black pepper
- Season the steaks lightly with black pepper.
- Grill or pan fry the steaks until done to your liking, I myself prefer med.
- Fry the bacon in a skillet, set bacon aside and drain the grease from the skillet, reserving just enough grease to scramble the eggs inches.
- Heat up the chili on the stove top or in a microwave, stirring occasionally.
- Scramble the eggs and just before they are done, crumble the bacon and add to the eggs.
- Plate your steaks, divide the egg and bacon mix in half and add to the top of the steaks, then divide the chili and pour over the steak and eggs.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- You can always add any little goodies, like green onions, chopped green peppers etc, to your liking. Use whatever chili you like or have handy, and depending on the potency you may want to use a bit more or less, just so the chili does not overwhelm the rest of the dish.