1/2 Photos of My Copycat Shrimp Paesano
Miss Annie's Note:
This is my copycat version of Paesano's Restaurant signature dish. You will love this garlic shrimp dish. Paesano's Restaurant is on the Riverwalk in San Antonio, Texas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 pints half-and-half cream
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails left on (about 20)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1Pre-heat oven to 400º F.
- 2Soak shrimp in half& half for 30 minutes.
- 3Drain shrimp and dust lightly in flour.
- 4Sauté shrimp for 5 minutes on one side.
- 5You will have to do in batches so that you do not overcrowd.
- 6Do not turn shrimp.
- 7Remove shrimp and place in a baking dish, sautéd side down, and place in pre-heated oven.
- 8Turn to BROIL and broil for 5 minutes.
- 9Meanwhile, mix egg yolk and lemon juice in half the butter and stir over low heat until butter is melted; take off heat.
- 10Add garlic and remaining butter and return pan to heat. Stir briskly until butter melts and sauce thickens.
- 11(Add a small amount of half& half to thicken more if you like.) Add chives and parsley.
- 12Pool sauce in plates and top with shrimp.
- 13Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Copycat Shrimp Paesano
Serving Size: 1 (531 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1351.8
- Calories from Fat 963
- Total Fat 107.1 g
- Saturated Fat 62.6 g
- Cholesterol 491.5 mg
- Sodium 762.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 38.3 g