This is my copycat version of Paesano's Restaurant signature dish. You will love this garlic shrimp dish. Paesano's Restaurant is on the Riverwalk in San Antonio, Texas.
- 2 pints half-and-half cream
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails left on (about 20)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, cold, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium lemon, juice of
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 400º F.
- Soak shrimp in half& half for 30 minutes.
- Drain shrimp and dust lightly in flour.
- Sauté shrimp for 5 minutes on one side.
- You will have to do in batches so that you do not overcrowd.
- Do not turn shrimp.
- Remove shrimp and place in a baking dish, sautéd side down, and place in pre-heated oven.
- Turn to BROIL and broil for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix egg yolk and lemon juice in half the butter and stir over low heat until butter is melted; take off heat.
- Add garlic and remaining butter and return pan to heat. Stir briskly until butter melts and sauce thickens.
- (Add a small amount of half& half to thicken more if you like.) Add chives and parsley.
- Pool sauce in plates and top with shrimp.
- Serve immediately.