Recipe by Miss Annie
This is my copycat version of Paesano's Restaurant signature dish. You will love this garlic shrimp dish. Paesano's Restaurant is on the Riverwalk in San Antonio, Texas.
Top Review by Susie in Texas
Excellente, Miss Annie!!! I have had Shrimp Paesano there, before, and loved it. Okay, tell the truth....are you "moonlighting" as a chef at Paesano's?? LOL! Seriously, this is a wonderful recipe. I wouldn't change one thing about it. Add a little pasta and a salad, close your eyes and you're on the riverwalk! Thanks bunches for sharing this recipe!!
- 2 pints half-and-half cream
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails left on (about 20)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, cold, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium lemon, juice of
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 400º F.
- Soak shrimp in half& half for 30 minutes.
- Drain shrimp and dust lightly in flour.
- Sauté shrimp for 5 minutes on one side.
- You will have to do in batches so that you do not overcrowd.
- Do not turn shrimp.
- Remove shrimp and place in a baking dish, sautéd side down, and place in pre-heated oven.
- Turn to BROIL and broil for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix egg yolk and lemon juice in half the butter and stir over low heat until butter is melted; take off heat.
- Add garlic and remaining butter and return pan to heat. Stir briskly until butter melts and sauce thickens.
- (Add a small amount of half& half to thicken more if you like.) Add chives and parsley.
- Pool sauce in plates and top with shrimp.
- Serve immediately.