Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A yummy sandwich for lunch or any other time! It does not specify how long to make, so I am guessing. From At Home with Arlene Williams. Enjoy!
- 1 slice deli ham, about 1/4 inch thick
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 3 pieces toast or 3 pieces toasted whole wheat bread
- 1 slice onion (thin slice)
- 1 egg
- 1 slice favorite cheese
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 -2 piece lettuce
- 1 slice tomatoes
- In a medium non-stick skillet, place slice of ham and butter.
- Over medium heat, saute ham just until slightly brown.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- In same skillet, break egg, and yolk, but do not scramble.
- Salt slightly.
- Cook over medium heat until firm, then flip over to cook other side, about 1 minute.
- Place cheese on top of egg and turn off heat.
- Spread mayonnaise on each of two slices of bread/toast.
- Spread mustard on third slice.
- Place mustard slice on serving plate and place ham slice on top.
- Add onion slice.
- Top with another slice toast.
- Add egg and cheese and top with lettuce and tomatoes.
- Place with the third slice of toast, mayonnaise side down.
- Place 2 toothpicks opposite each other about 1/2 inch from edge of sandwich.
- Cut from corner to corner.
This was a very tasty sandwich. All the ingredients do well together. Thank you for posting this recipe.