Recipe by Melanie B.
Many years ago I made up this chunky avocado "salsa" before I really knew much about cooking or Mexican food. Over the years it has evolved I learned that it is technically guacamole, but it is the only kind I will eat. All of my family & friends love it! I always make it a bit different, but it is always good. I have tried different variations of chilies, using Serranos, jalapenos, Habaneros, and roasted green chilies. All are good. I especially love the fruity flavor and heat of the Habaneros.
- 4 avocados, ripe but not mushy, diced
- 8 medium tomatillos, diced
- 2 -3 serrano peppers, diced
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, freshly chopped
- 1 lime, juice of