Recipe by Queen uh Cuisine
This is my recipe for our traditional Prime Rib Roast. It's really very easy to prepare and cook. I make this every Christmas Eve for Friends and Family. Enjoy!! :)
- 9 lbs prime rib roast (de-boned and wrapped)
rub roast generously with
- garlic salt
- pepper, let sit for about 1 hour (try to reach about room temp.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place prime rib on rack in roasting pan fat side up.
- Do not cover.
- Sear for 20 minutes at 400°.
- Then lower the temperature to 325° for about 2 1/2 hours.
- Using a meat thermometer, check for doneness.
- It comes out so great.
- Remove from oven, cover loosely with foil and let rest at least 10 minutes (time to get last minute stuff done).
- Remove the rib bones, use for soup later.
- Slice into 1 to 1 1/2-inch slices.
- Serve with prepared horseradish.
- Let me know if you have any questions.