3 hrs 15 mins
Queen uh Cuisine's Note:
This is my recipe for our traditional Prime Rib Roast. It's really very easy to prepare and cook. I make this every Christmas Eve for Friends and Family. Enjoy!! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 lbs prime rib roast (de-boned and wrapped)
rub roast generously with
- garlic salt
- pepper, let sit for about 1 hour (try to reach about room temp.)
- 1Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2Place prime rib on rack in roasting pan fat side up.
- 3Do not cover.
- 4Sear for 20 minutes at 400°.
- 5Then lower the temperature to 325° for about 2 1/2 hours.
- 6Using a meat thermometer, check for doneness.
- 7It comes out so great.
- 8Remove from oven, cover loosely with foil and let rest at least 10 minutes (time to get last minute stuff done).
- 9Remove the rib bones, use for soup later.
- 10Slice into 1 to 1 1/2-inch slices.
- 11Serve with prepared horseradish.
- 12Let me know if you have any questions.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Christmas Prime Rib Roast
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1238.3
- Calories from Fat 1006
- Total Fat 111.7 g
- Saturated Fat 46.6 g
- Cholesterol 248.3 mg
- Sodium 180.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 54.1 g