3 hrs 15 mins
Queen uh Cuisine's Note:
This is my recipe for our traditional Prime Rib Roast. It's really very easy to prepare and cook. I make this every Christmas Eve for Friends and Family. Enjoy!! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 lbs prime rib roast (de-boned and wrapped)
rub roast generously with
- garlic salt
- pepper, let sit for about 1 hour (try to reach about room temp.)
- 1Preheat oven to 400°.
- 2Place prime rib on rack in roasting pan fat side up.
- 3Do not cover.
- 4Sear for 20 minutes at 400°.
- 5Then lower the temperature to 325° for about 2 1/2 hours.
- 6Using a meat thermometer, check for doneness.
- 7It comes out so great.
- 8Remove from oven, cover loosely with foil and let rest at least 10 minutes (time to get last minute stuff done).
- 9Remove the rib bones, use for soup later.
- 10Slice into 1 to 1 1/2-inch slices.
- 11Serve with prepared horseradish.
- 12Let me know if you have any questions.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Christmas Prime Rib Roast
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1238.3
- Calories from Fat 1006
- Total Fat 111.7 g
- Saturated Fat 46.6 g
- Cholesterol 248.3 mg
- Sodium 180.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 54.1 g