Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
Yay! It's dessert for breakfast. This is definitely one way to get your kids to eat oatmeal...or enjoy it yourself.
- 1 (43 g) packet quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 (1 g) packets artificial sweetener (you can use real sugar if you prefer of course)
- 1⁄2 banana, sliced
- 2 chocolate-covered wafers or 2 crackers, crushed up
- Add oatmeal, cocoa, and sweetener to a microwave safe bowl.
- Add amount of water as directed on package for microwave cooking.
- Cook in microwave. Half way through take out and gently stir in banana slices.
- Finish cooking time, sprinkle with chocolate covered wafers and let stand for about a minute so the chocolate can get gooey.
This was really good. I cooked the oatmeal on the stove for it and used crushed chocolate biscotti on half and chocolate chips on the other half (which was even better). I think I used more cocoa better and less banana and cookie. Yum!
This was a recipe I considered kinda unusual, but I really loved it, as did my kids! I wouldn't do anything different.