Recipe by UKfoody TONI
I made this as a lst resort for our evening meal one night and the family loved it. It got hotter as we were eating it. I serve this with boiled rice and now use this recipe every time we want a chilli.
Top Review by TasteTester
This recipe makes one awesome chili! It's so much fresher-tasting than the kind I've made from packaged or boxed mixes. I followed your directions exactly, but I was unable to find any chopped red chiles in a jar here in the US, so I compromised and bought a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. I minced up one of the peppers (they're very spicy) and added it to the chili. Thanks for posting this wonderful and delicious recipe -- this will be my only way to make chili from now on.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef mince
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons chopped red chilies (from a jar)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (700 g) jar passata
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (400 g) can kidney beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large frying pan sweat onion and garlic in olive oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add mince and cook until browned.
- Add cumin and coriander stir until fragrent about 1 minute.
- Add passata and water stir into mince.
- Add rest of the ingredients and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and allow to simmer for about 20 mins until thickened.
- Serve with boiled rice or taco shells and a salad.