Simple and tasty chili, WITH beans. I serve this with fresh corn muffins. I made this for DH and friends to watch a football game, and they ate ALL of it and scraped the bottom of the pot! You can sub a can of black beans for one of the cans of kidney beans if you like.
- 1 lb mild sausage (I use Bass Farm)
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup diced green pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can V8 vegetable juice
- 1 cup medium salsa
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (15 ounce) canbush's chili beans, with sauce (do not drain)
- 1 (15 ounce) canlight red kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- celery salt, to taste
- ground red pepper, to taste
- instant minced garlic, to taste (dried)
- oregano, to taste
- basil, to taste
- chili powder, to taste
- cumin, to taste
- Brown meats together in large pot, breaking up fine.
- Drain fat; add onion and green pepper and cook till soft.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer 3-4 hours.
- Serve with corn muffins.