1 hr 30 mins
Nana Lee's Note:
We had this in school at least once a week. It is filling, delicious and WAS inexpensive. Nowadays, not so inexpensive, but just as good and filling. Especially served with a nice toss salad and a crusty ethnic bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- 2while macaroni is cooking, brown ground beef with just a drop or two of oil.
- 3Add onion and cook til soft.
- 4If using fresh mushrooms, add at this point and sauté til almost soft.
- 5When macaroni is done, drain well and put into large bowl.
- 6Add browned beef onions and mushrooms (If using canned mushroom, add at this time)and toss to mix well.
- 7Add all tomato products and mix to coat all.
- 8If to be eaten at this point, top with cheese and serve.
- 9OR put in casserole, top with grated cheese of your choice and as much as you like.
- 10Back in 350ºF for 1 hour.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Childhood American Chop Suey
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 602.5
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 787.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 33.2 g