Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
We had this in school at least once a week. It is filling, delicious and WAS inexpensive. Nowadays, not so inexpensive, but just as good and filling. Especially served with a nice toss salad and a crusty ethnic bread.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions.
- while macaroni is cooking, brown ground beef with just a drop or two of oil.
- Add onion and cook til soft.
- If using fresh mushrooms, add at this point and sauté til almost soft.
- When macaroni is done, drain well and put into large bowl.
- Add browned beef onions and mushrooms (If using canned mushroom, add at this time)and toss to mix well.
- Add all tomato products and mix to coat all.
- If to be eaten at this point, top with cheese and serve.
- OR put in casserole, top with grated cheese of your choice and as much as you like.
- Back in 350ºF for 1 hour.