Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This chicken salad is one I made up to suit my own taste. It is very simple and good. I like this with a slice of tomato and lettuce on toasted bread. this chicken salad is one I m
- 1 lb chicken (for frying)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- Simmer chicken, covered in enough water to cover, 1-2 hours or until done.
- As soon as chicken is cool enough to handle, remove the skin and bones, keeping meat in large pieces.
- Combine oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Pour this over the chicken pieces; marinate this covered in the refrigerator until well chilled.
- When chilled, cube the chicken into small pieces.
- Combine the chicken with remaining ingredients.
- Chill until served.
Loved it! Marinating the boiled chicken is a great tip for adding flavor to the chicken salad. I used Best Foods and threw in some chopped walnuts. Made delicious sandwiches. Thanks Sharon!
This was awesome! The flavors blend together so beautifully! Perfection! I've been looking for a good chicken salad recipe for YEARS, and this one is my new favorite! I liked it with the Miracle Whip, but my preference is usually Hellman's mayo, so next time, I'm going to try it with the mayo...Meantime, this has a WONDERFUL dressing with it -- and I think the red wine vinegar gave it the very best flavor and "zip" that I wanted! Thanks, Sharon, for sharing! This is a keeper in my house!