Recipe by out of here
This chicken salad is one I made up to suit my own taste. It is very simple and good. I like this with a slice of tomato and lettuce on toasted bread. this chicken salad is one I m
Top Review by puppitypup
Loved it! Marinating the boiled chicken is a great tip for adding flavor to the chicken salad. I used Best Foods and threw in some chopped walnuts. Made delicious sandwiches. Thanks Sharon!
- 1 lb chicken (for frying)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Simmer chicken, covered in enough water to cover, 1-2 hours or until done.
- As soon as chicken is cool enough to handle, remove the skin and bones, keeping meat in large pieces.
- Combine oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Pour this over the chicken pieces; marinate this covered in the refrigerator until well chilled.
- When chilled, cube the chicken into small pieces.
- Combine the chicken with remaining ingredients.
- Chill until served.