Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I went looking for a good chicken dish and came across Chicken Pomodoro. I started to make it and found that I didn't have any heavy cream... By the time that I was done with it this is what I got.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken tenderloins
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup vodka
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth (divided)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup mixed mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, then dust with flour.
- Saute chicken in oil till golden then remove to a warm platter.
- Pour off fat from pan.
- Remove pan from heat and add vodka, stir, return to heat and cook stirring until vodka is nearly gone to deglaze the pan.
- Add 1/2 cup broth and lemon juice to the pan.
- Return chicken to pan, cook each side 1 minute then transfer back to the warm platter.
- Add the tomatoes, mushrooms, onion, garlic, sour cream, milk, and the remaining broth to the pan.
- Cook over medium heat till combined.
- Take 2 tablespoons of the liquid from the pan and add 1 tsp of flour to it- making a thin paste.
- Add back to the pan and cook till slightly thickened.
- Take off of the heat and add the butter. Stir till completely melted, then pour on top of chicken.
- Sprinkle top with parsley for garnish.