1/2 Photos of My Chicken Parm
Lori Mama's Note:
I had to use up some Roma tomatoes from my plants, along with the basil, so did a bit of an experiment. Turned out pretty good, according to my husband anyway. LoL! You can prepare the tomato sauce in advance. Cook time does not include the time it takes to make the sauce. If you don't have a non stick skillet with an oven going handle, you can wrap the handle securely with aluminum foil so no part of the handle is visible. Works like a charm. Or a non stick baking dish will work too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large skinless boneless, chicken breasts
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon mrs. dash herb and garlic seasoning
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 6 large roma tomatoes, skins removed, cut in half lengthwise
- 4 garlic cloves, halved lengthwise
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 4 slices friulano cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1For the tomatoes:.
- 2Preheat the oven to 475.
- 3On a non stick baking sheet, place the prepared tomatoes, cut side up.
- 4Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Sprinkle the garlic pieces among the tomatoes.
- 6Roast 40 minutes.
- 7Cool slightly.
- 8Remove to cutting board and chop finely.
- 9Drain in a sieve for 15 minutes.
- 10Place in a bowl, add the basil and mix.
- 11Taste for seasoning and set aside.
- 12For chicken:.
- 13Lower the oven to 375.
- 14Prepare 3 pie plates, one with the flour (add the seasoning), one with egg (add a touch of water) and one with the Panko.
- 15Take the chicken, remove the tenderloin pieces and cut the large portions into 2 equal pieces horizontally.
- 16You should end up with 4 portions.
- 17Take one piece at a time and dip into the flour, coating each side, then in the egg wash, both sides and finally in the Panko, both sides. Do the same with the tenderloins.
- 18Set aside on a plate.
- 19In a non stick, oven going, large skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat.
- 20Saute the chicken pieces, on one side, in the hot oil, for approximately 5 minutes. Turn chicken over and place the pan into the oven. Bake 20 minutes.
- 21Remove the pan (careful, the handle will be hot!) and divide the tomato sauce equally on top of the larger chicken portions. Tenderloins are the cooks treat.
- 22Put a slice of cheese on each piece and sprinkle the Parmesan over top. Return to the oven and continue to bake until cheese has melted.
- 23Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Chicken Parm
Serving Size: 1 (1019 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.5
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 103.9 mg
- Sodium 458.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 27.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: