Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
These were born one evening when I was actually following a recipe (doesn't happen often!). I didn't have the ingredients and improvised - now I make them this way all the time!
- 2 chicken breasts (I use store bought rotisserie)
- 1 onion, diced fine
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel, drained
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) cartongordo's mild cheese sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package flour tortillas
- Shred cooked chicken and set aside.
- Sauté onions and garlic.
- Add soup, sour cream and Rotel; stir well.
- Add cheese; stir well.
- Let the entire mixture simmer for a few minutes - until cheese has melted.
- Add shredded chicken; stir.
- Place about 2 TBSP filling (or what you like) in the center of each tortilla and roll.
- Place seam down in pan.
- In microwave - melt cheese sauce and spoon evenly over the pan of rolled tortillas. ( You may not use all of it).
- Note: if you can't find the cheese sauce - save 1/4 cup of filling and add just enough milk to make it slightly soupy. Spoon it over the tortillas instead.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Add extra cheese if you want when they come out of the oven.