Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
A French recipe. I used to make this a lot when living in France.
- 200 g blanched almonds
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence (real vanilla bean seeds are better)
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 250 g cherries, ripe and pitted
- icing sugar, for decoration (Confectioner's sugar)
- butter, for greasing a pie dish
- Oven: 180°C.
- In a food processor grind the almonds, then add 1/2 cup of the sugar, the vanilla, flour, milk and eggs.
- Blend it until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the other 1/2 cup sugar to the cherries, and toss well in a bowl. Make sure all the cherry stones have been removed!
- Use an ovenproof pie dish, and grease well with butter.
- Spread the cherries and the sugar left in bottom of bowl all over the pie dish bottom.
- Pour the batter evenly over the berries.
- Bake for 45 - 50 minutes.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving.