Recipe by Pantheress
Delicious!! The cheese and bechamel sauce flavour blend perfectly! (the difference between this and my other chicken pie recipe is that this one uses pie crust and the other one uses puff pastry).
- 2 (9 inch) pie crust pastry dough
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 175 g cooked chicken, cubed
- 1 green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the milk and flour in a saucepan Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Untill the mixture becomes thick.
- Just as it begins thickening, add the cheese and stir until cheese melts.
- Remove from heat.
- Heat oil and stir fry in a pan the peppers, onions and olives just until the onions slightly darken then remove from heat.
- Add the chicken, peppers, onions and olives to the milk mixture.
- Cut pie crust pastry into to (or simply use 2 pie crusts from the beginning).
- Pour mixture into pastry lined pie pot.
- Cover with other layer of the pie pastry.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until crust becomes brown.